Association membership is open to both individuals and organizations.
FULL MEMBERS have the right:
- To elect or be elected in the board of the association
- To propose topics for discussion at the annual general meeting of the association
- To participate in the board elections
- To have access to the association offers ASSOCIATE MEMBERS can be individuals or legal entities which are engaged in educational activities, marketing, production of raw materials, or other affiliated activities.
- To propose topics for discussions at the annual general meeting of the association
- To have access to the association offers ASSOCIATION FRIENDS can be individuals or legal entities which are not directly involved in traditional craft making, but have the willingness to support the sustainability of Georgian craft traditions and as well as their further development.
Friends have the right:
- To participate in discussions at the annual general meeting of the association
- To have access to the association's offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Individuals and organizations are invited to fill in the membership application form on our website in the gap "Join us".
In order to boost the competitiveness of Georgian craft products on local and international markets, the association provides two trainings per year on product development, business skills and other important topics. Association provides two individual consultations in product development per member per year. Additional consultations are available for a fee. Prior registration for the consultation is required.
The association systematically promotes its members (their individual profiles) on the website, in social media, on TV, radio and in other media (based on their relevance to the given theme). In order to raise the status of heritage craft producers among wider audiences , the association develops special awards and prizes, which are awarded by a special board. The information on the nominations and selection criteria is disseminated through the website and in social media. The association promotes its members’ the events and projects through the website and in social media. Members are required to send the information about their events (at least 1 week) in advance.
The association ensures marketing of members’ handmade products in its shop “Ethnodesign”. Products must be created under the guidance of association experts and should be in line with the concept (synthesis of tradition and innovation) and quality standards of the shop. The association ensures marketing of members’ products during the annual thematic fairs such as Christmas, International Women’s Day and Easter. The products for these fairs must be created under the guidance of association experts and must be in line with the design and quality standards of the fair.
The association provides news and information about craft related trainings, grant calls, conferences, local and international exhibitions, festivals, fairs through the website, e-mail and social media. The association supports members’ participation in international exhibitions/fairs by providing help in the initial communication with host organizations.
In close collaboration with its members, the association identifies the most significant issues and advocates to relevant state bodies at different levels.
The association supports apprenticeship and cooperation amongst formal and informal training units, enhancing links between young craftsmen and master craft makers based on member’s needs and requirements. It connects skillful craft makers with educational/vocational centers to engage them in the educational processes.
The association carries out academic and applied scientific studies on crafts market demand and endangered crafts fields and other topics and shares the findings with the members and other relevant stakeholders. Statistical data derived from the studies are used in the advocacy initiatives of the association.
- Association members get a 20% discount on the price of products at the “Ethnodesign” Brand Shop.
- Association members get a 15% discount on the price of products sold at the New Years’, Easter and other fairs organized by the organization.
- Member-to-Member discount program.
- The annual membership fee for individuals – 60 Gel
- The annual membership fee for organizations – 120 Gel.
FULL MEMBERS of the Association can be craft makers (individuals) or organizations (legal entities), which are directly involved in the production of traditional crafts.
- In the case of organizations, the association member status and benefits will be offered to the organization rather than its individual members. Only one representative per member organization will be accepted at each training or consultation. Individuals who represent the member organization and are keen to have access to the association offers can become members themselves.
- Members are required to notify the association staff about changes in their contact information, otherwise, the association cannot guarantee the delivery of services.
- Members are required to notify GHCA about the successful business deal or cooperation made possible through the association and should give credit to GHCA during the presentation of results. Upon the association’s request, members should present the achievements at the association's annual meeting. ♦ The change of membership categories is possible upon request. Member requests will be reviewed by the board quarterly. The request will be approved if the requirements for the requested membership category change are met.
- Termination of the association members will take place in the following cases: A. Upon member’s request B. Liquidation of member legal entities C. Non-payment of membership fee. In case of failure to pay for six months, the member status will be terminated. D. Violation of the Code of Ethics of the association. The association reserves the right to change membership conditions. A notification about the change will be sent to members in advance. The changes will become effective after the next payment of association membership fee.